La Dee Dah Blog Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Friday, June 13, 2008

Adelily Festival

I was thrilled to meet this artist at our town's festival. Her name is Dottie Sinclair. Wow, what a small world-she just lives about 1 mile from me. She creates beautiful little watercolor paintings that make you want to jump right in them. You can see one of them in the post below-but it looks even better in person. Most of them are tropical or beach themed in all of my favorite colors. We purchased one of her painted fish wall hangings which we all love. They are just adorable, whimsical pieces of art that are painted from the (bark?) of a palm tree. I can't quite remember what those crazy things were called, but it looks to me like she peeled a palm tree and painted the peelings to look like fish-how clever!!



No comments:

FeedJit